Hi everyone I hope you are all having an amazing day and are staying safe. So as I’ve mentioned before I have been making a lot more use of my local library recently and as it’s Pride month I thought I would go and check out some LGBT books I’ve been wanting to read for awhile and all I can say after that trip is that I should not be let loose in a library 🤦🏻♀️
I went in with a small list of 5 books I wanted to borrow and come out with 12, not counting the three I currently have on hold 🤣 I can safely say that I have wildly overestimated how much I can read in one month. However I am going to try my hardest to read as many as I can and have a bet on with my youngest host kid that I can read at least 6 of them.
Anyway here are all of the books I couldn’t stop myself from picking up.
First I will start with the graphic novels:
- Bingo love by Tee Franklin
- My Brother’s Husband Volume 1 by Gengoroh Tagame
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
- Heartstopper Voulume 4 by Alice Oseman
Next I got a couple of nonfiction reads:
- The Stonewall Reader by New York Public Library
- Disasterama by Alvin Orloff
And lastly I picked up quite a few novels:
- Something Fabulous by Alexis Hall
- Never Been Kissed by Timothy Janovsky
- I Wish You All The Best by Mason Deaver
- The Perks of Loving a Wallflower by Erica Ridley
- When the Moon was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore
What are some books you are picking up this month?? Have you read any of the above?? If so, what were your thoughts on them??