Hi everyone, I hope you are all having an amazing day and are staying safe. This month I plan on taking part in FuckAThon hosted by Noria Reads. You can find her announcement video here.
The prompts for this are:
- Fuck Ableism – Read a book with a main character with visible or invisible disabilities.
- Fuck Ageism – Read a book that centres a main character 50 years and older, living their best life.
- Fuck Capitalism – Read a book with main characters that try to subvert, trick, swindle, survive r make the best of a capitalist system.
- Fuck White Supremacy – Read a book that challenges white supremacy ideology.
- Fuck Theological Fundamentalism/Religious Intolerance – Read a book with a main character that practices a religion separate from yours.
- Fuck Book Elitism – Read the trashiest, cheesiest, most tropey book on your shelf.
- Fuck Gentrification – Read a book with characters that are fighting or dealing with the gentrification of their communities.
- Fuck Slut-shaming – Read a book with a character who loves to have sex and is utterly unapologetic about it.
- Fuck with Your Self – Do Something utterly selfish for yourself.
There will also be a group read for this readathon which is The Source of Self-Regard by Toni Morrison. And there will be a live show on August 1st 5pm EST on Noria’s channel. Yo will also find recommendation videos for each of these prompts on her channel.
I am really bad at keeping to TBRs and keeping up with readathons so this is probably a bit ambitious for me but we are going to give it ago anyway.
For the Fuck Ableism prompt I’m going to be reading Get A Life Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert.
For the Fuck Ageism prompt I’m going to be picking up A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman.
For the Fuck Capitalism prompt I’m going to continue my read of the Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch with The Republic of Thieves.
For the Fuck White Supremacy prompt I will be picking up Why I Am No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge.
For the Fuck Theological Fundamentalism/Religious Intolerance prompt I will be picking up Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry.
For the Fuck Book Elitism prompt I will be reading Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
For the Fuck Gentrification prompt I have chosen to read Pride by Ibi Zoboi.
For the Fuck Slut-Shaming prompt I’m going to be picking up The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang.
And for the last Prompt Fuck with Yourself I’m going to be reading Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia.
Will you be taken part in this readathon? If so, what are you planning on reading?