Hi everyone, I hope you all had an amazing October and Halloween. I can’t believe that we only have two moths of the year left. October has been a bit of a mixed month, on the one hand I’ve had a lot of fun with it being Halloween and also starting a new volunteer job with children with Learning difficulties. However, I’m also extremely stressed out with uni and struggling not to let the stress and negative ways of thinking take over. I also want to apologise for the fact that I haven’t been blog hopping at all this week I have just been so busy that I haven’t had the time.
Despite this I have read some amazing books this month, 6 in total.The Diviners, Lair of Dreams and Before The Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray. I loved everything about this series from the 1920s setting to the atmospheric writing to the characters and I can’t wait for the last book to come out. I gave each of these books 4 out of 5 stars. Reviews to come.
I also read Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery this month. It was such a great read and I can’t believe that it has taken me this long to read it. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.
The last book I read this month was The Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kawaga. This is a own-voices Japanese inspired fantasy that I really enjoyed. I gave it out of 5 stars. Review to come.
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (ARC).
- Lair of Dreams and Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray.
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neil.
- Princess, Princess Ever After by Katie O’Neil.
- Aquicorn Cove by Katie O’Neil.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor.
- The Twisted Tree by Rachel Burge.
- A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer.
- TTT – Authors I would love to meet
- Daughter of Light and Shadows Review
- Harry Potter you’re not good enough tag
- Anne of Green Gables Quotes
- TTT- Longest books I’ve ever read
- Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts) Review
- Lyric tag, day one
- Lyric Tag, Day two
- Lyric Tag, Day Three
- Agate Memory Review
- Halloween Creatures Tag 2.0
- Blogger Recognition Award
- TTT – Favourite Villains
- The Diviners Review
- The Diviners Quotes
- Rating Villains
- TTT – Favourite Halloween Movies
- How to choose what to read next by Junky Writing
- Reading Indie books by Pooled Ink
- YA under Trump by Delphine’s Babble on Some Good Reads
I saw Venom this month and enjoyed it a lot more than I had expected.
I also watched The Haunting of Hill House. This was so good and I loved every minute of it. Even though it did freak me out at times it was also so heart-breaking and I loved everything about it from the amazing characters, plot, atmosphere and spooks.
I have been obsessed with Palaye Royale this month. Their new album dropped at the end of September and I was lucky enough to go see them live at the beginning of this month, it was one of the best nights of my life and the best concert I have ever been to.
How was you’re mouth?