Happy Halloween month everyone A.K.A the best month of the year. This has been a busy month for me; I finished my last placement of this year, started my third year at university. I also celebrated my sister’s 18th birthday, my dad’s 44th and one of my best friend’s 21st.
This month I read a total of 7 books.
The first book I read this month was The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner. This book is a retelling of The Goblin Market and features a great mix of Russian mythology. It also has some of the best writing I have ever read. I also buddy read this with the amazing Melanie from Mel To The Any. My review, Melanie’s review.
This month I reread the Thirteen Trilogy by Michelle Harrison. I forgot how much I loved the first book as a kid and it was such a perfect read for this time of the year as it’s a middle grade story about faeries set in a crumbling mansion by a forest. I gave the first book 4 out of 5 starts. Unfortunately, it is a trilogy that decreases in quality as the second book 3 stars to and the last book I gave 2 stars to.
The last book I read this month was Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts) by Lev A.C. Rosen. This is a really enjoyable read and we need more sex positive books like this in YA .I gave this out 5 of 5 stars. Review to come.
This month I didn’t buy any books but I was accepted for a few of my Netgalley requests.
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer.
- Light Years by Kass Morgan.
- Pages and Co: Tilly and the Bookwanderers by Anna James.
- The Twisted Tree by Rachel Burge.
- Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts) by Lev A.C. Rosen.
- The Queen’s Wing by Jessica Thorne.
- Agate Memory by L.C. Perry
Now that I am officially back at uni and entering my third year so unfortunately I need to cut down on my reading. Therefore I have created a reading schedule and will be reading one book a week. If I find any spare time to read more than that I will be a bonus.
- The Diviners by Libba Bray.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor.
- The Queen’s Wing by Jessica Thorne
- Sunshine Blogger Award
- Light Years Review
- Top Ten Tuesday – Books by my favourite authors that I haven’t read yet
- 5 Popular Books I Have No Interest In Reading
- The Poppy War Quotes
- Top Ten Tuesday – Fall TBR
- Tilly and the Bookwanderers Review
- Princess Hair Tag
- The Sisters of the Winter Wood Review
- Top Ten Tuesday – Binge Worthy TV Shows
- Virginia Shreves Series Review
- Naughty or Nice Book Tag
- Top Ten Tuesday – Hidden Gem
- The Sisters of the Winter Wood Review
- Books with Bisexual Protagonists for #BiVisibilityDay by Silvia Reads Books
- Books I’d Recommend To My Favourite TV Show Characters! by rachaelrexds
- Importance of best friends in YA and why they need more representation by Junky Writing
- My Favourite Things About Autumn by A Dreamer’s Library
- Let’s Talk: Picking Books to Review by The Infinite Library
This month I saw The Nun which is the newest release in the Conjuring verse movies. While this movie wasn’t as scary as I was anticipating it to be I still really enjoyed the overall plot of the movie and the characters. Definitely one I plan on watching again.
The second movie I saw this month was The House With A Clock In It’s Walls. This was an amazing movie definitely one of my new favourites. I loved the plot, the characters and the steampunk undertones. However, I did feel it was a little dark for a children’s movie.
I watched both seasons of Anne with an E this month and completely feel in love with the story (this is the reason I finally got around to reading Anne of Green Gables). It’s now one of my favourite adaptions and historical dramas.
This month I also watched the third and fourth series of American Horror Story. I really loved the fist series of this show but hated the second so I was apprehensive going into Coven but I loved it and Freakshow has been my favourite series so far.
My best friend introduced me to some awesome new artist this month. Those being Meg Myers, Lorde and Halsey.
Avril Lavigne also released her first single in five years this month and it is amazing. I have listened to it god knows how many times since it dropped. I’ve been in love with Avril’s music since I was 8 years old am I’m so glad that she is finally recovering and that we will be blessed with another amazing album.
How has you’re month been?