Hi everyone, I hope you’re all having a great day. I was nominated by Bella at Bella Blogs Because Books, her blog is amazing you should all check her out, to do the book blogger test.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the ten questions asked on this post.
- Nominate at least five people to do it also.
- Let your nominees know you nominated them.
Top 3 Book Pet Peeves
- This is a common one but one of my biggest book pet peeve is covers being changed halfway through the series as they don’t match on my bookcase and that infuriates me.
- Not knowing the age of the main characters, I have no idea why this annoys me but I go out of my way to try and find out the age if it’s not mentioned in the book and get really frustrated if I can’t find it.
- Girl on girl hate is another big thing that annoys me in books. We have enough of it in the world already, we need more books about strong female friendships and about girls lifting each other up.
Perfect Reading Spot
My bed. I love wrapping myself up in all my blankets and it’s so comfy lying against my pillows. I find it really relaxing as I can just close my door put on music in the background, to drown out all the noise my family is making, and get swept away into the book.
Three Reading Confessions
- When I was younger I used to dog ear my books as for some reason I never had any book marks thankfully I finally jumped on the book mark bandwagon and so no longer do this.
- For some reason I love smelling my books, they just smell so good regardless of whether they are old or brand new.
- I underline my favourite quotes in books with a pen as well as writing them in my favourite quotes notebooks.
Last Time I Cried During a Book
The last book I cried at a book was very recently and the book was Autoboyography by Christina Lauren. This is such a beautiful book.
Number of Books on My Bedside Table
I have a habit of reading a variety of books at the one time but due to the fact that I’m really busy with placement and uni at the moment I only have two books on my bedside table, these are A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan and Autoboyography by Christina Lauren which I am already rereading (it’s just so good).
Favourite Reading Snack
I don’t tend to eat when I’m reading as I’m paranoid I’ll get chocolate or something on my books but I always have a bottle of water with me.
Three Books I’d Recommend to Anyone
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.
- Passenger duology by Alexandra Bracken.
- Autoboyography by Christina Lauren.
A Picture of My Bookshelves
I apologise for the fact that they’re a bit messy.
How Much Do Books Mean to Me?
This is hard to put into a few words but basically books mean everything to me. They’re my escape from the real world. As someone who has social anxiety it’s great to be able to pick up a book and forget about the rest of the world. Because of my anxiety I’m not good at connecting with other people or making friends and books make me feel less alone. They allow you to experience things that you never would in real life. Reading about kickass characters saving the world makes you believe that if they can do that then I can ace that presentation, ace that placement, make that appointment etc. Also as a bisexual I love being able to see myself represented in books.
Biggest Reading Secret
This is my biggest shame but I own over 60 unread books. Which is why I’m spending this year trying to read as many of them as possible.
- Belle from Belle Can Read
- Zøe from Home of Indie Authors
- Destiny from Howling Libraries
- Alex from coffeeloving bookoholic
- Mandy from Book Princess Reviews
If you have already done it feel free to ignore and link you post in the comments.
I was thinking of doing a bookshelf tour at some point and was wondering if anyone would ne interested it one? Also if anyone has read any books with amazing female friendships recommend them in the comments.