Hi everyone, I hope you’re all having an amazing day. This has been a great month I celebrated my 20th birthday and it’s so weird to no longer be a teenager. It was also my little brother’s fifth birthday we had a small family party at home, I also went shopping with my friends and a had great night out with them. My Christmas holidays are finally over and I’m back at university, I’ve also started my next placement with an addiction team out in the community.
I also created an Instagram account michaelasjourneyintobooks feel free to follow me.
This was probably my best reading month ever, not only did I read a total of 11 books but most of these were 4 or 5 stars.
The first book I read was The Wedding Gamble by Julia Justiss. This is a short Regency romance that was really fun and easy to read. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.
The next book I read was The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee. This book follows the story of Monty, Percy and Felicity as they embark on their Grand Tour of Europe. However things don’t go to plan and they end up in a lot of sticky situations. This book was amazing and will definitely be on my best books of 2018 list. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. Review here.
Then I read Cruel Prince by Holly Black. This is another book that will be on my favourite books of 2018 list. I read this book in five hours as I just could not put it down. Holly Black is definitely the Queen on Faeries and if you love dark faerie stories then this is for you. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. Review here.
Next I read both Milk and Honey and The Sun and Her Flowers poetry collections by Rupi Kaur. I’m not a big poetry person but I enjoyed both of these collections, The Sun and Her Flowers I enjoyed a little more than Milk and Honey as I felt the poems in that collection were a lot more inspirational. I gave Milk and Honey 3 stars and the sun and her flowers 3.5 stars out of 5. Review here.
This month I reread Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. These books were even more enjoyable the second time around and has increased my wanderlust even more. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars reviews can be found here.
The next book I read was An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson. This was another great faerie read and I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. Review to come.
Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo is another book I read and loved this week. The group of characters in this is amazing and I loved them so much especially Nim. I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. Review to come.
I read All The Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater. Overall this was an enjoyable book but it did take me a while to get into it. I gave this 3.5 out of 5 stars
I also read the first two books in the Mortal Instruments series this month; City of bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. These were just as good as the first time I read them and I gave them both 4 out of 5 stars.
- 2018 Blogging and Reading Goals
- Top Ten Tuesday 1, 2
- Christmas Haul
- New Beginnings Quotes
- The Greatest Showman
- Series I Don’t Plan on Finishing
- Book Recommendation
- Totally should’ve Book Tag
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue Review
- Favourite First Sentences
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue Favourite Quotes
- Mystery Blogger Award
- Cruel Prince Review
- Book Types
- Cruel Prince Favourite Quotes
- TV and Movie Wrap Up
- Milk and Honey/The Sun and Her Flowers Review
- Are We Harsher on ARCs by Reading Through the Night.
- Why Diversity & Representation in Books is Important by Forever and Everly.
- Things to Tell Yourself to Feel Less Guilty about Buying Books by One’s Peculiar
- My annoyance with the concept of “Happily Ever After” by Little Booky Nook
- Five Tips To Get That Review Written by Camillea Reads
As I’ve mentioned before my birthday was this month and so I got some books as presents and bought myself a few as well.
- My Grandparents got me a gorgeous edition of Wuthering Heights
- My parents got me Stalking Jack the Ripper and Haunting Prince Dracula
- My best friends got me Alice in Wonderland, Villette and Of Fire and Stars.
- I got gift cards for both Waterstones and Amazon and bought myself The Cure for Dreaming, Odd and True and In The Shadows of Black Birds on my kindle and The whole series of The Memoirs of Lady Trent and the first two in the Millennium’s series. I also bought Autoboyography and Simon vs the homo sapiens agenda.
Since I’m back at Placement and Uni There’s no way I’m going to be able to read as many books this month as I did last month but I’m hoping to read at least the first couple of books from
- The Memoirs of Lady Trent series by Marie Brennan
How was your month?