Last month was so busy with university and its only going to get busier this month as I’m going to be on placement as well. Because of this I haven’t been blogging as much and I don’t think its going to pick up any time soon, though I do have some posts lined up so I won’t be completely absent.
This month I read 5 books, and DNFed 1.
The first book I read was The Architect of Song by A. G. Howard. I absolutely adore A. G. Howards writing and I love the haunting atmosphere she creates in this book. This was a great gothic read and I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. Review to come.
The second book I read was The Shinning by Stephen King another great Halloween read. I really enjoyed this book and it didn’t scare me as much as I was expecting though some parts of it were still creepy. I gave this 4.5 out of 5 stars.
The fourth book I read was a eARC of Gold Shadow by L.C. Perry. This was the best dystopian book I’ve read in a while and I’m excited to see how the story progresses. I gave this 4 starts out of 5. Review to come.
The last book I read this month was The Call by Peadar Ó Guilín. This was another great read. I found it really refreshing to read a book that shows the evil side of faeries. I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.
The book I DNFed this month was house at the End of the Street by Blake Loucka Mostow. While I enjoyed the movie I felt the book to be really boring.
- Stars Above Review
- Stars Above Quotes
- Five Reasons I Love Autumn
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Harry Potter Moment of the Week 1, 2
- Mini Reviews
- Fairest Quotes
- The Fall Book Tag
- Book Recommendations
- Autumn and Halloween Quotes
- I am Not a Stereotype by romiewedeservelove, Who Said Reading was Boring?
- 9 Ways to Enhance Your Reading Experience by Book Murmuration
- What it’s Like to be an Autistic Book Blogger by Paper Fury
I broke my book buying ban this month but I only bought three books. The first was the cutest edition of The Hobbit by J. R. Tolkien that I have ever seen and I could not resist buying it. And the other two books were ones I bought for university; Engagement and Therapeutic Communication in Mental Health Nursing by Sandra Walker and Key Concepts in Mental Health by David Pilgrim.
This month I did unhaul quite a few books. These were:
- The Paranormalcy trilogy by Kiersten White
- The first two books in the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes
- The first three books in the Talon series by Julie Kagawa
- House at the end of the Street by Blake Loucka Moscow
- White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick
- The Mammoth Book of New Sherlock Holmes Adventures by Mike Ashley
The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.