At the beginning of the month I wrote a post on my favourite side characters, so today I am going to talk about my favourite minor characters.
I define minor characters as those that have smaller parts to play in the book than side characters do.
- Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. I think Neville is so sweet and adorable and I can’t help but love him. The way he overcomes his fear in the last book makes him a hero in my eyes
- Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. I love Luna because I relate to her so much.
- Dobby from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. Dobby is my all time favourite character in this series.
- Iko from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I’ve only read the first book in this series but I already love her and can’t wait to read more about her in the other books.
- The Suriel from the A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. The Suriel is basically the gossip of this series and I love them for it.
- Cinna from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Susan Collins. I love how much he believes in Katniss and his creations are so beautiful.
- Millard from Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. He’s my favourite of the peculiar children.
- Genevieve Lefoux from the Finishing School Series and Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carriger. I love that she loves science and isn’t afraid to bend gender rules.
- Hannah Moses from the Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine. I love how she try’s to make the town better for the humans.
- Geoffrey Beck from The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater. I love the way he is able to take the wolves under his wing and help them make the most out of their cursed lives especially Sam.
What’s your definition of a minor character? Who are your favourite minor characters?